Complete Guide on Natural Stones
While constructing a new house or opting for renovation, we make enormous efforts to inject the latest emerging tiles but more than anything else, you need to make sure that the floor of your house add value to its decor. Though these days people make use of various materials, natural stones is the name that is long known for its impeccable looks and feel. It is so far the best floor coverings that can be applied on your floor. Styles and decoration of houses are different from one another and hence to suit the decor perfectly you need to make sure about the styles of the stones.
Nothing can actually replace the elegance of natural stones. No matter how many coats of paint you choose or install the latest designed fixtures, a natural stone flooring is enough to improve the ambiance. There is no doubt that stone flooring is an universal choice and is being admired due to its durability, styles and elegance, but choosing might become very difficult. Since these are not expensive and available in some of the exceptional styles, you can actually make use of these for your home.
Choosing the right styles and types of stones for flooring is the best way to get value for the investment made. Since there are many styles, you can actually choose any in order to make your house look just like the way you want. The types are many and hence it becomes a daunting task for the homeowners to choose one from the many. If you are a novice and is opting for home renovation especially the flooring, then the following types will definitely become a help for you.
Types of Stone Flooring:
Natural stones are available in a huge range of styles and hence it becomes a valuable choice to make a proper choice. Here are some of the most popular varieties of natural stones available in the market.
- Marble and granite is one of the most popular type that are often confusing for people to understand. Even when they look similar, they have different properties. This is the reason why you need to look carefully to make the right choice. Marble stones are porous than the granite marbles, but in order to make it stain resistant, they can be polished and sealed. This helps to offer a fruitful result. Both granite and marbles have been used for making the historical structures because of the durability and beauty and hence one can fathom the strength of the stones.
- Quartzite and slate are very confusing for the people who have no experience in this arena as they look similar. However when the inspection is being conducted by the experts, one can find the glittering flecks. The shimmering metallic flecks differentiates quartzite from slate. When you think about thee stones the primary thing hat strikes the mind is grey tone. But apart from it, these stones are also available in the market in an array of colors.
- Sandstone is another very common name and stone type used for flooring purpose. Most probably, since it is named as sandstone, most of the people lives in a misconception that they are available in beach sand color. But in reality, sandstones are available in some of the impressive color variations of red and blue also with somein deep purple and in green hues.
- Travertine is another stunning flooring stone that is known for its looks. Installing these amazing stones enhance the looks of the floor. These are generally characterized by deep fissures and pitted surface. These can also be used for wall surfacing as these add character and depth to the stone. When used for flooring, these are being levelled, sealed and filled and therefore become dirt traps. This does not affect its looks anyway and therefore becomes a valuable inclusion.
- Limestone is one of the most common type of stone that are available in a range of varieties. The colours available range from yellow to greys, blacks and blues. This is the prime choice for the architects because of its natural elegance and extreme density.
Since the varieties are many, there is a need to choose properly in order to get benefitted from the investment. Experience is required to understand the perfect type of stones for flooring purpose.
Advantages of Natural Stones:
Undoubtedly the need for natural stones is huge and the only reason is due to its many advantages. Here are some of the compelling reasons for installing the natural stones.
Combining the range of textures and colors of stones with the different edge and cuts treatment, it becomes a valuable inclusion. This gives rise to a huge choice and therefore you can actually enhance the looks and feel of the home by installing the stones of your design. Depending on your needs and requirements, you can opt for the gloss or semi-gloss treatment or the natural looking stone. With a knowledgeable expert, the entire process tend to get simpler yet a fruitful solution.
In hot and warm climates, nothing like stone proves to be valuable addition. These offers a cold feeling underneath your feet and for the cooler areas, making use of rugs prove to be a feasible choice. Installing stones for the flooring is undeniably a valuable addition.
Since it is about investment, some owners also feel as carpet is a good replacement. But in reality definitely carpets are a good choice but they require frequent maintenance in order to stop accumulation of dirt and dust. Making a choice a good natural stone and washing it with a normal household cleaning procedure makes a hygienic choice.
Hire A Natural Stone Supplier:
Opting to make the choice of stone for the flooring on your might not offer a fruitful solution if you do not have in-depth knowledge. Make sure that you get hold of a renowned supplier to make your home look and feel commendable. They help to choose according to your budget and the style you want to implement based on the existing style. Working with the experts ensures a valuable result.
Find Natural Stone Experts the Easy Way