Complete Guide on Damp Proofing Experts
We spend thousands for the construction of our house and therefore taking all the necessary measures is vital in order to keep it long lasting. With time and exposure to dirt and dust, our home tends to lose the sturdiness and appearance. Though there are myriad of factors that cast a negative impact on the building, damping is one of such issues that can take away the appearance and strength of buildings. Damp proofing is an action that is actually prevention of the moisture from travelling through floor and wall. For every homeowner, it is a vital step that is required to be taken for the prevention of further issues with the structural framework.
Damp proofing is one of such technique that not only prevents the unnecessary entrance of water in the pores but also prevents other problems like termite infestation, odour, rotting timbers, mould and various other types of structural damages. Taking an immediate measure is a necessity in order to keep your building in good shape. This is not a new name that we are hearing, since with time most of the houses start dampening if not taken proper measures. In order to acquire a fruitful result the better decision lies in getting hold of the experts and finding the best solution for it.
© Home Essential -Damp Proofing Experts
Kinds of Dampness:
Not much of us are really aware of the types of dampness. We tend to find all of them as a similar one, but it is not. Consider reading the following points to get in depth knowledge on the various kinds of dampness.
- Poor drainage system
- Salt damp or rising damp in masonry and brick work
- Horizontal penetrating dampness
- Falling damp
- Condensation dampness
Reasons for dampness:
There are numerous reasons for the dampness caused in our houses. We all know that dampness is the major reason for dull appearance. In order to stop your building from getting affected by this, make sure you get hold of expert who has the knowledge. Before making use of any damp proofing materials, you need to understand the cause of these dampness. Here are some of the major reasons that generally cause dampness.
- Inadequate Ventilation in Sub-Floor: There is always a necessity of experts as they can help you taking the right steps while construction. Since lack on sub-floor ventilation can result in building up of the humidity level as well as minimizing the evaporation from base walls and soil. This is extremely necessary as when not done, it results in condensation dampness, rising the damp and also floor timbers rotting.
- Poor Drainage: Poor drainage in another major reason for dampening in the homes. This is mainly caused by sloping ground, falling damp and garden beds. If something like this takes place, water might get directed beneath the house.
- Sub Floor Obstructions: If there is any debris in sub floor, it can actually obstruct the ventilation mechanism. This is one of the main reasons that plays a major role in dampness and hence immediate action is required to stop hampering the structural framework of the building.
- Damaged Pipes and Guttering: When the gutters, down pipes, roofs and stormwater pipes gets damaged anyhow, it causes leakage thereby dampening the houses. Make sure that there is no damages in the pipelines in order to maintain the structural integrity.
Aforementioned are some of the major reasons that results in damping your house. Since maintaining a strong structure is a necessity, make sure that you get hold of experts in order to take the necessary steps. Apart from these, make sure that you adhere the aforementioned points in order to maintain the structural framework of the building as well as the color.
Damp Proofing Procedure:
Making your house damp proof is a necessity and following are some of the damp proofing methodologies that you can use on your home for reducing the damps on your house.
- Under Gravity Chemical Impregnation: This is one of the simple methods, where the holes are being drilled at frequent intervals into mortar lines. Post this, the tubes are being placed inside those holes in order to give the liquid a way to move down that works completely by the gravitational pull. When adequate amount of water enters the hole, it them makes a water repellant layer horizontally.
- Physical Damp Course: Primarily the brick lines are being removed from the floor level of your house. Post this, a plastic sheet is used as well as the mortar is also replaced by waterproof mortar. By this very few sections can be treated. Each and every remortared section required 48 hours to set so that it can withstand the weight of the wall.
- Under Pressure Chemical Injection: The procedure is similar to that of under gravity chemical impregnation. The only difference is unlike the previous process where water is set at its own pace, here the liquid is being directly pumped in the holes.
- Replace Plasterboard or Plasters: In this procedure, the experts emphasize on the affected plasterboard or plaster completely, right beside the structure of wall or brickwork. This is then again replaced with the cement mix or waterproof plasterboard or cement mix. There are also scenarios, where the battens are being attached for ventilation.
Advantages of Damp Proofers:
- Roof ventilation
- Rising the damp treatments
- Air filtration
- Mould control on ceilings and walls
- Basement and underfloor damp proofing
Hire Damp Proofers:
While hiring damp proofers for your house, make sure that you make a good research. Make sure the company you have chosen has a good reputation in the market. They can help you in a variable ways.
Find Damp Proofing Experts the Easy Way